Saturday, January 21, 2023

Favorite Technique

I stumbled on to a technique of framing which was genius. We all know the cost of framing our art. Some artists hire a framer who builds their frames with a particular style, some learn framing themselves, while others buy frames from custom framers. All of these ways were too expensive for me.




The technique I discovered was to buy inexpensive wood art panels and turn them around to become the frame. I painted the recessed back to look like a mat board and then painted the edges black.


                                   To make the edges less matte I painted them with a clear gloss medium. 


I attached the painted panel with six squares of velcro in the middle. So for under $20 I have a consistent way of framing.


                                   Click here to go back to the 21 Days In My Art Life main page.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?