Thursday, October 3, 2019

Gathering Supplies

31 Days in October 



When it comes to learning a new skill I'm convinced that there is a time for everything so when the catalyst is in front of you I suggest you give in and take the leap of faith. 



October 3-

Don't you just love to go out and buy supplies for your newest learning adventure? I know. You are thinking that there is a monetary danger here. And you are right. There is actually a chemical reaction in your brain that fires when you buy some new stuff. 



However, as my husband likes to say, "You must have the right tools". When I started to write my first novel I purchased Scrivenor software for writers. I had such fun using all their fancy doohinckies, do you know that word? I made it up. For the first few days I got a charge just from opening up the software. 
I'm writing!!!



And that was exactly what it felt like when I went to my first yarn store. The colors of the yarn were dazzling and the accessories for knitting took my breath away. What were those cute charms everyone put on their knitting? Why would I need a progress keeper? 

BUT....we all know that this chemical rush subsides.

Learning something new moves on from buying the right supplies to getting down to the basic skills. 









1 comment:

  1. I agree, starting something new like that is always exciting. Keeping the motivation going is harder!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?