Thursday, October 24, 2019

Today Is My Birthday. Will I Receive Some New Yarn?

31 Days In October



If you want to give your skill level a boost, take a class. You may feel like you are back on the floor again, but hey, the view is really interesting.


Day 24-

Today is my birthday. 
I wonder if I will be gifted some yarn, pens, or notebooks. Writing a novel is like learning to knit in that others know your hobbies and can easily find a gift to match. In writing having a good supply of office materials is called a cache. I do use post it notes to keep track of ideas, notebooks to record my story lines, and it is very fun to have pens of different colors to highlight the important things.

In knitting having a large collection of yarn is called a stash. Without a doubt having too much yarn can be a burden. Buying yarn is addictive. The colors bring momentary  ecstasy which dwindles as the skeins are placed in the box of other yarns.
Right at the beginning of this all month goal of writing every day, I talked about the fun of gathering supplies. Many of you agreed that this aspect of starting something new is the best part. I do need to remember that the joy of creating is not in the acquiring new stuff.

Perhaps the rule of thumb needs to be; use what you have. Let the pens run dry and use up all the yarn balls. 

Go to the next day




1 comment:

  1. Just catching up on your series! I always enjoy getting new supplies for writing. I think I should use up what I have, but pens and notebooks can be hard to resist at times!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?