Wednesday, October 9, 2019

What I Didn't Know About a Cable Stitch and A Murder

                                                 31 Days In October 




This is like certain stitches in knitting. If the first experience torques our wrist in an awkward way, we tread with dread.




Day 9

I don't read murder mysteries because I'm fascinated with death. Murder is abhorrent to me. This genre draws me in because of the detective. She is the source of bringing to light what is hidden. She makes deductions that reveal the disguised motives of those she interviews. She, he, they together, solve a puzzle of someone'e early demise.
What I didn't know before I decided to write a murder mystery was:
  1. Who killed my victim?
  2. Why did they come to this horrible decision?
  3. How did they do it in a way that would involve detective skill to solve?
  4. What are plausible police procedurals in my setting?
If anyone had looked at the search history on my computer they would have suspected I was up to no good. After days and weeks of revising I think I made my case. 

And...

Making a cable knitting stitch really isn't as drastic as plotting a murder but I had zero knowledge of how to go about twisting stitches over each other to create this pattern I really liked.


The little twists on this mitten pattern made me want to learn just like the detectives in my novel made me want to write about murder.

The Zever Mittens were designed by my daughter. I made two pair with a thing called 'grit'. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?