Thursday, October 17, 2019

Join A Group

31 Days In October 



        

It is gut-renching when you delete 
or frog but the finished product is well 
worth the effort of starting over 
and fixing the problem.




                                                                         

                                                                                         Day 17-


On Tuesday evenings I alternate between my writing group and my knitting group. Why join a group? The most important reason is to connect to others who are also writing and knitting and enjoy their company.
Secondly, a group gives accountability for what you say you are going to accomplish. 
There are five of us in the writing group. Three of us are writing fiction, one a memoir , and one a biography. We have been together for more than a year. They have listened to my whole first novel and are cheering me on with my second. We are different in temperament and background but the same in the desire to write our stories. This group keeps me going on so many levels.


My knitting group is smaller and younger, actually. I thrive with these younger single women who take me along with them. One of us is the experienced one, it's not me, and the rest are beginners who want to be like her when we grow up. Ha! Ha! Every two weeks the pro fixes our mistakes and pushes us forward with our projects. 
Priceless!

Joining a group works with writing and knitting and could with so many other activities. It's always bumpy at first in the getting to know you stage but so worth it.







1 comment:

  1. Finding others to join with can be a big encouragement. I haven't been able to find a regular writing group close to me but the online community has been great!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?