Monday, October 21, 2019

I Am A Fan

31 Days In October




Without a doubt writing and knitting can be frustrating. But there is also the grace of making something out of nothing which brings deep satisfaction and calm.



Day 21-

As a writer and a knitter, I am a fan. 
Let's start with three mystery writers I always read and who I admire.


Their characters Chief Inspector Gamache, Maisie Dobbs, and Duncan and Gemma are like people I know well. Louise writes about Montreal Canada while Jacqueline and Deborah set their stories in England. I love their story wisdom and also how their characters change and grow.
These women make me want to write a really good mystery with believable characters.


On the knitting scene, there are designers whose patterns I have enjoyed making very much.

Victoria Burgess from Seattle
Joji Locatelli from Buenos Aires, Argentina
Melissa from Montreal, Canada

Two of these ladies have regular U-Tube videos so I see and hear their enthusiastic love of knitting. One is my own daughter and I see her designs while they are still in infancy. 
These women make me want to learn more about knitting and making lovely apparel to wear. They model exactness and creativity.

Following people who's work we admire is a common practice with modern internet capability. I am not sure I would introduce myself to these women if I saw them on the street but I am grateful that they share their lives and give me a sample of good creative writing and knitting.









2 comments:

  1. not into knitting, but I am into reading...those authors are new to me. Perchance I will look them up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to learn from others' work. I love the increased opportunities we have for that now that we can connect and watch videos online.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?