Sunday, October 13, 2019

I Dropped A Stitch

31 Days in October





Having several knitting WIP's is like having two unfinished novels. Working on the edits of Rubato made me more aware and excited by the relationship developments between my two detectives in The Gymnopédist. Truly, my knitting stays more interesting when I alternate between the sweater and the capelet. 





Day 13-

I grip the needles in my hand. I'm terrified. I lost a stitch! Quickly I grab my notions bag and look for my crochet hook. Carefully, painstakingly, I pull the hook through each level securing the unraveled stitches. My daughter tells me to chill. Losing a stitch is not that big a deal. But in that moment it feels like it could be the end of my project. Kaput. 

The terror of losing a thread in my story is also real. On some writing days everything sounds shallow, weak, without continuity. On those days I shut the computer and walk away. I'm no good at this.


I remember 

My guiding words for 2019 are 'Live All In'.
I can stand erect and tall because I am yoked to my Savior, Jesus Christ. He will pull what is lost back on the needle. He can take a small gift and magnify it. He doesn't want perfection. He needs me to give Him my heart. 

On this Sabbath Day I go to worship Him because that is what I can do with my whole being.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?