Saturday, August 15, 2020

A Time Of Waiting

Day 14


Goals are like bowls 

that hold all the dreams 

of what you see yourself becoming. 

I don’t drink from the bowl impatiently 

lest I spill my good intentions.

 I dip my fingers into the bowl judiciously, licking up the traces of new 

moves forward from my fingers.



March and April 2020 were turbulent as the whole world tried to get the Covid-19 cases under control. We were all in voluntary isolation to allow the medical community time to prepare for what could be a catastrophic emergency. 


I was personally giving myself time to get my physical body in order. Having maintained my sugar free and flour free diet I decided to become plant based, too. My parents raised me on  meat based meals. Every recipe had at it's foundation some kind of animal product. Now I was building a new foundation built upon vegetables and fruits. I purchased an InstaPot in which I made soups and stews. Vegetables and soy pretended to be ground beef and portobello mushrooms became the carriers for savory spices smothered in onions. A new energy and vitality arose inside of me and with that energy came a desire to fight cancer with the power of diet and exercise. I watched the Food Revolution Summit and learned how powerful food really was in fighting disease. Chris Wark became an inspiration to me as I read and watched his story of beating cancer without chemotherapy and radiation. My acupuncturist was willing to continue helping me no matter which direction I followed. She had cancer patients who had followed each path and she stressed that I need to feel confident in my decision.  She did give my a strong warning. If diet was going to be my primary attack against any cancer cells left in my body after surgery I needed to stay on that course the rest of my life. Her research showed that cancer would grow back faster if there was a return to  a sugar and meat based western diet


Even as I was moving toward a natural means of cancer healing I knew I needed an oncologist to help me through the process. A friend going through a similar breast cancer was given a recommendation of an oncologist who was in the same umbrella organization as my doctor. She encouraged me to see if I could get an appointment. I worked hard to get that appointment in May.



Back To The Table Of Contents





             

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?