Saturday, August 22, 2020

My Dream Medical Team

Day 22-

An ideal medical team has many helpers on board. If you could afford helpers to get your health up to where you desire, who would they be? 




  1. First Up- My Heavenly Father and Heavenly Mother. Their son Jesus Christ, and The Holy Ghost. Their divine help is eternal because they know me from before my mortal birth, they know me now, and they know who I am becoming in the future. They know all this, all at once, outside of time. They provide help with so much more knowledge that anyone else.
  2. My Oncologist-She is like the team captain. She knows my cancer the best. She understands if I need surgery, radiation, chemotherapy, or any other treatments. The playbook and the strategies are in her knowledge base.
  3. The Acupuncturist- She is like the bench coach in baseball. If my energetic field needs clearing, she has Chinese herbs and remedies that work with the whole body system. She makes sure the body is filled with life giving energy.
  4. The Naturopath- She is like the pitching coach. It would be ideal if she specialized in oncology. My diet, supplements, and overall health is her concern. She believes in natural healing and would look to find ways to augment, mitigate, or replace drugs in the healing process. She would help me to understand what supplements I need to avoid which conflict with chemotherapy.
  5. The Therapist- She would be like the team manager in baseball. Sometimes I need a person to help my over re-acting brain. Just talking to someone who sees me and encourages my good changes is a balm in Gilead. Accountability for what I want to improve is also a really good support.
  6. The Massage Therapist- She would be like the bullpen coach. She is getting the player ready to get out in the field. To have a regular assist in allowing the muscles in my body to let go, is heaven.
  7. The Physical Therapist- She is like the hitting and base coaches in baseball. If my body is aching or in pain the physical therapist can often see where I am not in alignment skeletally. Her exercises can help me walk better, sit better,  do the work of everyday with smarter muscle movement.
  8. Friends and even strangers who understand- These team members, perhaps like fans, are my life line. A chat a day, or every week with someone who loves me is like living water. A card or letter helps me feel connected to the world going on around me who is not fighting my fight but willing to be a witness to my fight.  
What a team of helpers! Only one of these is covered by insurance so I can't afford them all. Some I pay for out of pocket as needed. Some are free of charge

Wouldn't it be something if our health system had all of these helpers working together in one facility, sharing information?


Back To Table Of Contents

1 comment:

What do you think?