Sunday, August 16, 2020

The Whirlwinds

Day 15-

“Not all the whirlwinds in life are of your own making. Some come because of the wrong choices of others, and some come just because this is mortality.” -Elder Neil L. Anderson

      Today being a sabbath day I feel drawn to more carefully express my attachment to the words of Elder Neil L. Anderson in 2014. In his talk, "Spiritual Whirlwinds" he gave voice to what is causing me concern today. I feel those whirlwinds acutely. As I struggle through this cancer journey, I am also buffeted by the whirlwinds close at hand in my family and community and farther afield, the whirlwinds within my country. How can I handle the unrest in my body and soul?

“How do you prepare for your whirlwinds? “Remember … it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; 

that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds,

 … his shafts in the whirlwind, … 

when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, 

it shall have no power … 

to drag you down …

 because of the rock upon which ye are built.” This is your safety in the whirlwind.”


Can it be true? Can my focus on the Savior release the power of the whirlwind? Can it stop the soul sucking drag of negativity and turmoil?


I believe it can. It has in my life. That is what I wanted to express in the painting collage below. She is serene even as the whirlwinds move around her. 




On her lap are these words:


“As you do, I promise you that you will see the whirlwinds for what they are—tests, temptations, distractions, or challenges to help you grow.”



Back To Table Of Contents

2 comments:

  1. I believe focus on the Savior can and will see you through the whirlwinds of your life. Yo remain steady, firm, loyal and loving to the God of your faith... please continue to give him the burden as you seek the light of his covenant. Love you so much dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said seek after the light of his covenant. That is thought provoking. His covenant does exude much needed light concerning our personal life and the eternal lives of God's children.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?