Monday, August 10, 2020

Advice From My Acupuncturist

 Day 9-

"A preventative against breast cancer is being in a right size body."

I started down the hardest path before surgery. The path is laced with addiction to sugar and a propensity to use food as a way to cope with anxiety and overwhelm. 

It was my acupuncturist who introduced me to Bright Line Eating. After several months on the program with her daughter, she was satisfied that it was effective and predictable. 

I decided to follow suit. It was important to have her advice and support.


My purpose isn't to completely explain the program. Here are the basics.

When the first twenty pounds came off I was grateful. The 10 pound bags of flour made me realize the burden I was carrying.


Five more was wonderful! Then Covid-19 brought on a flour shortage so I wasn't able to continue with my photos. Until....


.....this week when I had my husband piled the 40 pounds of flour into my arms just long enough to catch this photo.

I was shocked how much 40 pounds weighs. Surely it wasn't losing my hair to chemo that caused this much weight loss. Whenever I get sad and blue I remember how many battles I am winning. 


"We know that childhood and adolescence are the most crucial times for environmental stimuli to affect breast cancer risk, but changes made during adulthood and even after diagnosis still have the potential to create positive changes in the body."  -Joel Fuhrman



2 comments:

  1. You are amazing!!! Congratulations on another successfully climbed mountain in your life's journey. Truly you are one to call "steady" in so many ways physically, spiritually, and emotionally. Hugs and love as you continue to conquer and call to persuade us all forward on our journeys. Hugs, Love, and prayers, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your positive comment. It means a great deal to me.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?